Concrete lighting bases in Riyadh have existed since ancient times, and they are mostly used to put electric lighting poles on them to light the roads so that pedestrians, cyclists and cars can see the roads and walk in them safely. From the public network, concrete lighting bases in Riyadh differ according to the length, type and size of the lighting pole.
What are the steps for installing lighting poles on the asphalt road
- Mark every 30 meters along the street, possibly less according to the consultant’s engineering boards.
- Dig a hole deep at the base of the lamp post at every 30 metres.
- Dig a hole 60 cm deep and create a small concrete base as the foundation on which the lighting pole will be installed.
- Concrete lighting bases in Riyadh are iron frames, each of which is installed 4 strands to be installed on the column, and in the middle of the base from the bottom there are several cable hoses to pass the electrical cables that feed the column.
- It is necessary to install concrete lighting bases in Riyadh with a scale and with great care so that they do not ride with a slope.
- The studs that will be installed on the frame of concrete lighting bases in Riyadh Al-Hadid has an appropriate diameter and not less than usual due to the exposure of the lighting columns to pressure air, which greatly affects the stress of the studs, which must withstand any kind of pressure and stresses so as not to cause a collapse Street light.
- The size of the power cable feeding the lighting pole shall be 4 * 25 mm.
- That the power cables protrude from the metal frame of up to 30 cm so that they do not pour into the concrete and disappear beneath it, because the one who will be pouring will work to equalize the base until its surface with concrete.
- After pouring concrete lighting bases in Riyadh , they should be left to dry for a full day or more.
- Lighting poles must be installed and fixed by studs, because there are 4 holes in each of the concrete lighting bases in Riyadh.
- Lighting poles are installed on the studs and the nuts are installed from the top.
- When installing the lighting poles, they must be installed by the water balance so that the lighting pole is not installed diagonally.
- It is the highest base of a lighting pole 160 cm, in which there is a hole in which the switch is installed to supply the electricity and exit from the power cables.
How to distribute the lighting poles on the streets
When distributing street lighting poles, the following must be observed:
- That they are all on one line on one end of the single street, right or left, and have one arm.
- To be distributed equally to the right and left of the single street and have one arm and opposite to the columns.
- That it be distributed equally to the right and left of the single street, so that any column from either side is located halfway between the two opposite columns from the other side, and it has one arm.
- To be all symmetrically in one direction in the middle of the double street sidewalk and have two arms so that each arm of the street below them lights up.
- Columns at intersections, squares, and roundabouts have more than two arms and can have up to 8 arms per shaft.
Types of street lighting systems
There are several types of street lighting systems, which are:
- The first type: It is single on one side only, and the poles are installed on the right or left side of the road, and each column has one lamp in the direction of the road.
- The second type: to install 2 rows of lighting poles facing each other, so that each column corresponds to another column of its own.
- The third type: to install two rows of lighting poles on both sides of the road, provided that no two columns meet in front of each other and the shape is zigzag.
- The fourth type: that a row of lighting poles be installed in the middle, provided that each column has two lighting lamps on each side of the two roads.
What is the appropriate length for street lighting poles
- Each height of one meter of the pole covers one meter of the width of the street, for example if the width of the street is 8 meters, the appropriate height of the lighting pole is 8 meters in order for the lighting to cover the entire width of the street.
- 8 meters are also covered on its right side and left side so that the distance between each column is 16 metres.
What are the heights of the lampposts?
The lighting poles differ in their heights and spacing from each other according to the street in which the lighting system will be installed, as the streets vary in terms of measuring their width and in terms of the height of the column according to the following:
- From 4 to 7 meters the height of the column is from 4 to 5 meters.
- From 6 to 8 meters the height of the column is from 5 to 6 meters.
- From 8 to 10 meters the height of the shaft is from 6 to 7 meters.
- From 10 to 12 meters, the height of the shaft is from 6 to 7 meters.
- From 12 to 14 meters, the height of the shaft is from 7 to 8 meters.
- From 14 to 15 meters, the height of the shaft is from 8 to 10 meters.
- From 16 to 18 meters the height of the shaft is from 9 to 10 meters.
- From 18 to 19 cutters, the shaft is 10 to 12 meters high.
- From 20 to 21 meters, the height of the shaft is from 10 to 12 meters.
- From 22 to 23 meters the height of the shaft is from 11 to 12 meters.
- From 24 to 25 meters, the height of the shaft is from 11 to 13 meters.
- From 25 to 27 meters the height of the shaft is from 12 to 13 meters.
- From 28 to 30 meters the height of the shaft is from 13 to 15 meters.
How to calculate the spacing between lighting poles
- The spacing between the columns is calculated after knowing the shape of the light cone spreading, with its vertex at the light point and its base down towards the road.
- In the case of the height of a column, the lighting device is selected that achieves the intensity of illumination in lux that is recommended on the road according to the height of the suspension point.
- Then the dimensions of the light spot on the street are taken according to the longitudinal axis of the street.
- The value of the spacing between the two successive columns is equal to the diameter of the light spot according to the longitudinal axis minus 2, taking into account that the dimensions are in metres.
- No. 2 is subtracted because No. 2 is the overlapping of light spots cones between them so that the lighting on the street is continuous and there are no interruptions in lighting or darkness .
What are the advantages of fiberglass lighting poles
There are several advantages of fiberglass lighting poles, which are:
- It is considered safe in the event of accidents because it is light in weight.
- It is considered safe in the event of an electric shock because it is electrically insulated.
- Resistant to harsh weather factors such as salt, moisture, wind and pollution.
- They are installed by direct burial and do not need a concrete base or studs.
- You do not need any installation equipment because it is light in weight.
- It does not need maintenance or any paints and its colors are stable and different up to more than 500 colors.
- It has high dynamic endurance and high stability ability.
- Many of its wonderful decorative designs, its versatility, and its smooth surface.
- It is safe for the environment and has a great ability to absorb magnetic resonance and vibration.
Thus, we have reached the end of the interesting article, hoping that it will be admired, after talking about the steps for installing lighting poles on the asphalt road, how to distribute lighting poles on the streets, types of street lighting systems, what is the appropriate length for street lighting poles, what are the heights of lighting poles and how to calculate The spacing between lighting poles and what are the advantages of fiberglass lighting poles.